This recipe has been taken and heavily adapted from Low FODMAP Vegetarian Recipes, changing the sugar, flour, syrup and butter. After cooking these for a second time, with increased wet ingredients and less cooking time I found these perfectttlllyyy soft and squishy and delicious – especially straight out of the oven!
I definitely will be making them again – the preparation took about five minutes!
You may also wish to add a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips for some extra ~pizzazz.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup GF self-raising flour*
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 145g olive oil spread
- 2.5 tablespoons of maple syrup
*I have used both self raising and plain. Plain flour gives you biscuits like in the photo, but self raising makes them swell up so there’s more cookie, and still very tasty! If you use plain flour, add half a tablespoon baking soda.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter and stir in the syrup.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together
- Form the mixture into balls the size of golf balls. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and press flat
- Bake for 15 minutes.